What is 5 series aluminum alloy?
Common 5000 series aluminum alloy is mainly 5052, 5005, 5083, 5A05 series. The 5000 series belong to the more common alloy series, the main element is magnesium, content between 3 and 5%. Therefore, it can also be called aluminum magnesium alloy. The main characteristics are low density, high tensile strength, high elongation, good fatigue strength, but can not be heat treatment. The weight of al-mg alloy in the same area is lower than other series. It is also widely used in conventional industry. 5000 series aluminum plate belongs to one of the more mature aluminum plate series in China.
What is the chemical composition of 5052 aluminum alloy?
The main alloying element of 5052 is magnesium, which has good formability, corrosion resistance, weldability and moderate strength.
Aluminum Al: allowance
Si Si: 0.25 or less
Copper Cu: 0.10 or less
Magnesium Mg: 2.2 ~ 2.8
Zinc and zinc: 0.10 or less
Manganese Mn: 0.10 or less
Chromium Cr: 0.15 ~ 0.35
Iron Fe: 0.40 or less
Note: Single :≤0.05; Total: 0.15 or less
Tensile strength σ B (MPa)173 ~ 244
Conditional yield strength σ0.2 (MPa)≥70
Sample size: all wall thicknesses
Note: Longitudinal mechanical properties of pipe at room temperature
1. the surface is not allowed to have cracks, corrosion spots and saltpeter traces.
2. Peeling, bubbles, surface roughness and local mechanical damage are allowed on the surface whose depth does not exceed 8% of the nominal wall thickness of the part where the defect is located, but the maximum depth of the defect cannot exceed 0.5mm, and the total defect area does not exceed 5% of the total defect area.
3. Allow the supplier to shine along the longitudinal section until the surface is smooth.
4. Other requirements: the demander and the supplier shall draft by themselves
5. The surface of the aluminum plate is bright and without scratches. The plate pressed by the machine is seldom burged.